Audi today reported April 2013 sales of 13,157 vehicles, a 14.
2% increase over the previous April record set last year. April stands as the 28th consecutive month of record sales for the brand.
Audi year-to-date sales through the end of April 2013 were 15.5% above the pace set a year earlier when Audi finished with record annual results in the U.S. Sales in April 2013 were only exceeded by the sales of 14,841 vehicles in December 2012 and 13,253 vehicles in March 2013.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) increased 23% YTD, and represent 32% of total Audi sales YTD. Demand for the Audi flagship cars the Audi A8 and S8 sedans, jumped 30% while the Audi Q5 luxury SUV posted a 32% gain for the month. Audi momentum also benefitted strongly from robust demand for the Audi Q7, which generated a 33% sales increase for the month, and a 44% increase above sales in the January-April 2012 period.
“Audi shows no sign of slowing down in the U.S. market, and April clearly demonstrated that fact,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “To record the third-best sales totals ever in the traditionally fickle month of April is a remarkable achievement for our brand.”
• Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 17% for the S4 sedan; 39% for the S5/ RS 5 Coupe; 27% for the S5/ RS 5 Cabriolet; 10% for the S6; 21% for the S7; 22% for the S8; 52% for the TTS / TT RS coupe and 41% for the TTS Roadster.
• Audi A5 sales up 27% compared to April 2012; YTD sales grew 13% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 22% compared to April 2012; YTD sales grew 22% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi A8 increased 30% compared to April 2012; YTD sales grew 36% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 32% compared to April 2012; YTD sales grew 36% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 33% compared to April 2012; YTD sales grew 44% compared to previous period.
• Audi sold 468 allroad models in April, bringing YTD sales to 1,758 of the sport wagon.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 9% for the A3 TDI and 29% for Q7 TDI. A3 sales in April 2013 were down substantially as the brand prepares for the arrival of the all-new A3 sedan in early 2014.
• For the record-setting month of April 2013, five Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A5, Audi A6, Audi A8, Audi Q5 and Audi Q7.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 14% to 3,257 vehicles in April; YTD increased 6% to 12,311 vehicles sold.