American Honda today reported April 2013 U.
S. sales of 130,999 units, an increase of 7.4 percent compared with April 2012 (up 3.1 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). The Honda brand posted April 2013 sales of 117,100 units, an increase of 6.6 percent compared with April 2012. Acura U.S. April sales of 13,899 units increased 14.2 percent compared with April 2012.
- Award-winning CR-V sets all-time April sales record, up 12.2 percent in to 26,519 units, breaking the record set in April 2012
- Hot-selling Accord continues its retail sales strength, topping 33,500 units with year-to-date sales up over 26 percent
- Sales for ultra-functional and efficient Fit up 33.9 percent for April
"The April sales record for the CR-V exemplifies the incredible retail sales success of Honda’s core models," said John Mendel, executive vice president of Sales at American Honda. "The Accord and Civic also continue to resonate, one customer at a time, with overall year-to-date sales well ahead of last year."
- Sales of the all-new luxury flagship RLX sedan strong with 400 units in its first full month, as dealer inventory builds
- RDX sets its twelfth-consecutive monthly sales record, up 106.0 percent from last April, and is the top-selling Acura model in April with sales of 4,088 units
- Acura sets an April truck sales record, with total Acura year-to-date sales up over 13 percent
"With a full year of record sales growth, the RDX is a resounding success," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales. "Continued record-breaking sales of the RDX is laying a solid foundation for the new RLX and MDX Acura models launching this year." *The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 25 days for April 2013 and 24 days for April 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 101 days for 2013 and 101 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.