Nissan North America, Inc.
today reported August U.S. sales of 98,515 units versus 91,541 units a year earlier, up 7.6 percent. Nissan Division sales increased 5.9 percent for the month at 87,360 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles were up 23.6 percent over the prior year, to 11,155 units.
- Nissan Division posted sales of 87,360 units, up 5.9 percent from last August's 82,517 units.
- Altima mid-size sedan sales totaled 25,889 units, up 12.5 percent from the prior year. Sales of the all-new 2013 Altima began in July.
- Nissan Rogue set an August record on sales of 12,626 of the crossover, up 10.1 percent from last year.
- Sales of Nissan trucks showed strength, with Frontier sales of 5,464 units up 12.8 percent over last year, sales of Pathfinder, at 2,472 units, up 18.1 percent over the prior year, and NV sales seeing a record August, up 19.4 percent to 783 units.
"Nissan continues to see sales growth across our lineup during a year of significant new vehicle launches, such as the all-new 2013 Altima, which debuted this summer to critical and consumer acclaim," said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. "With all-new Sentra and Pathfinder models joining the lineup this fall, we only expect to see our momentum continue to grow."
- Infiniti today reported sales of 11,155 units for August, an increase of 23.6 percent from 9,024 units a year earlier.
- Infiniti G Sedan, with sales of 5,123 units, had a 20.1 percent increase over the prior year and had its best-ever August.
- With 2,378 sales in August, the all-new Infiniti JX 7-passenger luxury crossover now has become Infiniti's second best-selling vehicle for the year since it went on sale in late March.
- Overall, Infiniti had its best August in seven years.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. August 2012 had 27 selling days, while August 2011 had 26 selling days.