Nissan Group today announced total U.
S. sales for December 2016 of 152,743 units, an increase of 9.7 percent over the prior year and a December record. For calendar year 2016, Nissan set an all-time record with 1,564,423 total U.S. sales, an increase of 5.4 percent.
Nissan Division calendar year highlights:
- In 2016, Nissan Division set an all-time record with 1,426,130 total sales, up 5.5 percent.
- For the first time, the Rogue crossover was Nissan's top-selling model with 329,904 sales, an increase of 14.9 percent.
- In 2016, Nissan trucks, SUVs and crossovers set an all-time record with 668,948 total sales, a 16.2 percent increase over the prior year.
- Nissan set annual sales records for Rogue, Murano, NV200 and NV.
Nissan Division December highlights:
- Nissan Division sold a December-record 134,545 vehicles, up 8.3 percent.
- Sales of Nissan crossovers, trucks and SUVs also set a December record, up 35.6 percent.
- Rogue crossover sales set an all-time record at 40,477, an increase of 52.9 percent.
- Pathfinder SUV sales increased 12 percent to 9,368, also a December record.
- Significant gains were also made by TITAN (+331.8 percent), Armada (+114 percent) and Murano (+11.3 percent)
- Sales of the all-electric Nissan LEAF rose 41 percent to 1,899 in December.