SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Toyota Motor Corp.

said today its operations near the Chinese port of Tianjin will remain closed at least until Sunday, extending a suspension originally set through Wednesday, due to safety concerns after last week's deadly chemical explosions in the area.

Toyota also said Sichuan FAS Toyota Motor Co Ltd., a joint venture, would close its Changchun plant in northeast China through Friday because the port disaster had delayed custom clearance of parts shipped from Japan. It will make up for lost output by scheduling substitute production days.

Toyota, which operates two assembly lines near the Tianjin port and another line in a different part of the city, said it had not yet been able to confirm that the sites were safe. The Chinese government has said there were about 700 tons of the deadly chemical sodium cyanide in the warehouse that blew up.



Read Article


Toyota Holds Off On Reopening Chinese Port Facility Citing Safety Concerns

About the Author

Agent009

User Comments

Add your Comments

Images hosted in your AgentSpace can now be posted in the comments section using the following syntax (case matters): [img]IMAGE URL[/img]
Example: [img]http://agent001.myautospies.com/images/sample.jpg[/img]